Nostalgia Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Recognized Member
We've all grown up, hopefully. We've all had experiences that we think about at night and cry because you will never experience those things ever again. This thread is for you to post those times you've had that make you FeelsStrongMan. I'll start it off.

When my two brothers and I were growing up we didn't really talk to each other or interacted that much with each other, that was until our parents got an Xbox 360 for us. The games we had on it were the likes of Halo 3, Fusion Frenzy 2, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The Xbox 360 allowed a way for me to connect with my brothers because we would always play it together, whether it be that my older brother would destroy my little brother and I on Halo 3, or when the three of us would yell when we were playing Fusion Frenzy 2 because we were all very competitive. The Xbox 360 connected the 3 of us. Instead of having an older brother that would constantly bully my little brother and I, we had an older brother that would want to play games with us because he didn't have anyone else to play with. Every time we played together, we would have so much fun doing so. 2013 comes by and my older brother graduates from high school, and now he has to worry about other stuff instead of playing with my little brother and I, so we just played with each other until gradually we just stopped playing together. With my older brother now having a life to worry about, and my little brother playing on the PS4 and me playing on PC, I've started to become lonelier and lonelier. Every day I look back on the times we've spent together as brothers, and every day I feel a little bit more sad knowing that we'll never be that close to each other ever again.

Ivy

Recognized Member
This is really nice. I don't have any nostalgic memories that I can remember and share right now, but I do hope you and your brothers can reunite and be happy with eachother again. Stay strong eggs <3.

Wickednick

Recognized Member
Any of the dudebros from early sg that have been dead for years

Comm, darky, and others for example

Then theres when I believe nawkulz came to me to ask me how to deal with a like 400 key unusual he unboxed, back when I had actual wealth in my inv

Losing all my unusuals and then rebuilding was fun

Anything that happened on old trade

And all my friends from when i lived in new york, havent talked to most of em in ages

I remember getting my first unusual advice from nustra, and I was like 13 or somethin, and he just tells me to go wild with it and then to fuck off or somethin along those lines, it made me feel so great

Hes dead though too it seems, I've seen him around once or twice but not much

Swifts SG forums video is still god tier to this day

And theres tons more, from sg alone sides my NY bit, lotta good moments through the years where we've lost quite a few good men and women

Last edited:

FreshWater

Yeah well my brother would ignore me whenever I threw a blue shell at him

Last edited:

Robely

Recognized Member
Stuff like the first ever burgerking massacre (which i won btw) and sincinatti and "old" jb in general with buns pugless snc and the other members of that time really get the nostalgia train rolling. Even after I stopped playing jb I still have some great memories of the old sg trade like lumara giving me my first unusual and me becoming admin in the middle of the game and bubba teleporting me into a wall and slapping me silly. Those were the good 'ol times..

Zero1763

Recognized Member
Not only do I point but I also laugh @Wickednick

Playing jb is pretty nostalgic for like 2 seconds when I first get on and then I realize it's the bad kind of nostalgia.
This isn't nostalgia but Wicked being forum banned was a throwback to 4k getting forum banned

Wickednick

Recognized Member
Stuff like the first ever burgerking massacre (which i won btw) and sincinatti and "old" jb in general with buns pugless snc and the other members of that time really get the nostalgia train rolling. Even after I stopped playing jb I still have some great memories of the old sg trade like lumara giving me my first unusual and me becoming admin in the middle of the game and bubba teleporting me into a wall and slapping me silly. Those were the good 'ol times..
Local man throws bubba under the bus

sapphire

Recognized Member
Looking back at my younger days, it was hell. I guess you can say it was like the guy from A Silent Voice.

Baron

Recognized Member
My parents were always busy, so I never really had a consistent string of interaction with them when I was young. My older brother, now in junior year of college, became their stand-in and I fawned over him for that. And still do.

Man was poised as hell for having to deal with his younger brother’s shit for years and I fuckin’ miss having him around. Honestly, he was more of a dad-figure, than anything.

Buns

Recognized Member
My older brother used to kick my butt at Smash in like 2008 and he still does when we play Ultimate. I still main Pikachu and Wario like I did back then, of course we live our own lives now and we don't play nearly as much but it doesn't mean you can't once in a while.

Denied

jb map maker
I remember the day I had my first Monster Energy drink, back then I could drink regular Monster but now I gotta kick back on the calories. So obviously I've moved onto Monster Ultra Energy ;-).

On a serious note I remember looking through my dad's old stuff and uncovering a bunch of early computer games like Doom, Quake, Age of empires, and I remember playing them for hours. That was my introduction to computer games, and I still look back at how I used to load up his old computer and pop them in. I still have those old cassettes, but I haven't loaded them up in ages. That's the only connection I still have to my dad emotionally since he passed. I don't have many nostalgic memories, but the few I DO have I don't particularly cherish.

Last edited:

Nerdi

Recognized Member
Back when my wii worked, my brothers and I would all play smash bros brawl on it. We always had a blast. Weather it was, my older brothers beating the crap out of us (In smash :p) or my twin and I beating the campaign. Those were the times when we all had the same interest. But nowadays we go a while not talking to each other and we all have different interests. We also had a xbox 360 that we used to play Minecraft on. Minecraft was a world that even if we were changing, we could still play it. Because we could build what we want. That was our way of talking to each other. Even sometimes emotionally communication. One time my older brother found out I was about to kill someone is when I was building a lot of really disturbing stuff. Video games is what brought my brothers and I together. But it also tore us apart. This is a lot like egg's story ik ik

UrielVentris

Recognized Member
Playing pokemon mystery dungeon rescue team the entire night. also playing uncharted 2/3 until my eyes hurt. then things like wrestling when every day you wish you were going to grueling practice at 2:15 pm instead of working a garbage job and dealing with garbage women. basically feeling like shit for the past 4 years.
found out I was about to kill someone is
Same, Homicidal thoughts are the best ain't they. :)

The Incognito

Recognized Member
Having too much free time so you don´t know what to do with it, and most of that time just sitting in there playing videogames and be happy.
But now i just don´t have enough time to simply eat something because school gives me a lot of homework, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.