November Freak Fortress wrap-up

The basics
  • Force-A-Nature knockback adjustments will generally require that you to commit both shells with reasonable accuracy in order to achieve a safe range of knockback. Previously, a single shell was enough to cause significant mobility disruptions even if most of the pellets do not hit.
  • Smoothed out the curve for base health scaling
Adjustments on these are largely based on October to mid-November:

Handsome Jack
  • Base move speed increased to slightly below that of "teleport class" bosses
  • Damage penalty removed
  • Super jump mobility decreased by 10%
    • cooldown decreased by 8%
  • Weapon roll ability
    • SMG damage increased by 16%
    • SMG ammo increased by 50%
    • Grenade launcher damage increased by 25%
Mewtwo
  • Buff ability duration increased by 2 seconds
Steve
  • Removed deafening lightning ability
  • Applies 2 seconds of bleed on hit
  • Super jump charge time increased by 50%
Sergeant Painis
  • Base health adjusted to match "standard class" boss
Beep Man
  • Sentry takeover range decreased by 20%
    • rage cost increased by 16%
    • cooldown increased from 15 to 25 seconds
  • "Fixed" an exploit where it was possible to build as Beep Man
  • Teleport charge time increased by 1000ms
    • cooldown increased by 3 seconds
    • post-teleport stun time increased by 30%
  • Automatic bunny hop speed buffs build a bit slower
  • Added 10% knockback resistance active when taking knockback that exceeds threshold (which is a new debut for this option as part of the FaN adjustments)
Female Pyro
  • Increased rage ammo by 1
Hat Kid
  • Adjusted knockback resistance post-minification

Flametosser

Boss health, Beep Man and Force-of-Nature rebalances? Cool. It's great to see spam be toned down.

Nice that Jack got a few buffs, too. I don't think it's enough, but it will still help him out.

Can't really say the same for Mewtwo, Steve or Fempyro. 😕

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Can't really say the same for Mewtwo, Steve or Fempyro. 😕
Mewtwo and Fempyro weren't as far behind the expected win rates.
You might be underestimating how good bleed is for confirming Steve kills, though I have put a bleed time that is shorter than what I think it should be for now though, so I can always increase that later on.

Flametosser

Mewtwo and Fempyro weren't as far behind the expected win rates.
I can see if that's why they only got tiny buffs, but they could still stand to be improved.

Mewtwo's performance hinges on lack of awareness and not knowing about his rage. If someone explains it and calls out when he activates it (like in voice chat), he's left with invincibility and a weak super jump. He doesn't have anything else (a teleport, a stun or a weapon) to rely on.

Fempyro is decent, but her Flare Gun is weak. Most people don't know (or assume) she can air-det her flares and hit multiple targets. She has to light people on fire one-by-one and commit to critting them, whereas a boss like Sweet Tooth can ignite everyone nearby and go after whoever he wants.

You might be underestimating how good bleed is for confirming Steve kills, though I have put a bleed time that is shorter than what I think it should be for now though, so I can always increase that later on.
I might be, but the Lightning (which I hate) was easy multi-target burst damage and it stuffed escape options. The bleed does help him kill lightweights, but now his rage only has minicrits. For comparison, Pyronous' afterburn damage kills lightweights and their rage has uber + stun.

TL;DR; Mewtwo and Steve lack tools. Fempyro's rage weapon could be improved.
I had more to say (like actual suggestions), but I wanted to keep this short.

Last edited: