Old Jailbreak

Stock weapons only on jailbreak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keywest

Recognized Member
We need everyone opinion on this, if we get a good majority of yes votes, if people vote, we could possibly get it changed.

Question ~ Should jailbreak be stock weapons only?

Please vote on it, and/or post your opinion below.
We will come back to this in about a week.(Voting Polls will close in a week, so hurry.)
Thanks, Keywest, Management Team.

Recognized Member
Most people who play jb nowadays don't bother to check the forums and most people who use the forums don't go on jb. I'm in favor of stock only, but a better way to go about this is to go on jb and make a voting poll there, record the results, and after a couple of times consider changing.

Also maybe we could have an event like Stock weapon Saturdays, and if it's popular we could add more days and possibly switch completely to stock. And if not, we can stick to the current weapon system.

And what's with the 1 week deadline?

Thresher

Recognized Member
Yea this seems off the only people who go one the forums are gonna say yes. Then it will be stock. Then people wonder where everyone left.

We can't focus everything based on the forums alone. Asking people in game help.
This also seems really off and out of nowhere. I never had issues with OP weapons, and if I did it's usually gone really quickly. For example, the only really op ones are the vaccinators and amputator.

Even ignoring the fact that stock is best or whatever, this leaves engineer with no buffs. A wrench won't do shit against any other class. So engineers doomed. The only one unaffected would be spy. And that's because the other knives are banned.
Heavy won't be affected, along with medic or any others really. But that's because all their weapons are blocked.
But that's enough about melee.

I don't understand why you want SG to go back to the old way. Especially since I wasn't part of it, and it's almost 1 year since I joined. Everyone from old SG left and probably won't come back. It's was to late to change it back. Everyone from old SG is pretty much gone.*

Besides that in game everyone complains that their weapons are blocked. Blocking more won't make them happy.

*based on crossaintbandits mod app.

Keywest

Recognized Member
Yea this seems off the only people who go one the forums are gonna say yes. Then it will be stock. Then people wonder where everyone left.

We can't focus everything based on the forums alone. Asking people in game help.
This also seems really off and out of nowhere. I never had issues with OP weapons, and if I did it's usually gone really quickly. For example, the only really op ones are the vaccinators and amputator.

Even ignoring the fact that stock is best or whatever, this leaves engineer with no buffs. A wrench won't do shit against any other class. So engineers doomed. The only one unaffected would be spy. And that's because the other knives are banned.
Heavy won't be affected, along with medic or any others really. But that's because all their weapons are blocked.
But that's enough about melee.

I don't understand why you want SG to go back to the old way. Especially since I wasn't part of it, and it's almost 1 year since I joined. Everyone from old SG left and probably won't come back. It's was to late to change it back. Everyone from old SG is pretty much gone.*

Besides that in game everyone complains that their weapons are blocked. Blocking more won't make them happy.

*based on crossaintbandits mod app.
I will make a vote everyday, when server is mostly full, asking people on JB if they would prefer stock, and record it here.
(Will do this for one week starting Monday.)

Ratchetncp

Recognized Member
See this is another one of those things where there is no right answer. Some people want more weapons unbanned. Some people want all of them banned. Personally I'd be happy with stock and reskins and that's just because I find a couple of weapons annoying to deal with. ( *cough* bleed weapons with no downside ) I feel they're needs to be a damage nerf to the engineers bleed like snipers, and the Vacinator needs to be banned.

Ibram

Recognized Member
I won't have a problem with stock, I've played on a ton of servers with stock and they are just fine, it makes you feel more like a prisoner if everyone has the same weapons. On the other hand it limits a variety of how you can take on a situation in JB, and some people just like looking at their weapons :p.

Bray

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
I feel like we won't get any new faces if we only have stock weapons, alot of the jailbreak servers on TF2 allow you to have unlock weapons and promo weapons with some OP bans.

Recognized Member
@Asu , is it theoretically possible to have it where everyone starts out with stock weapons and you can permanently unlock weapons by using store credits? That way when new people come on and say "Why is my _____ weapon blocked?" we can say "If you play on the servers some more, you can get credits to unlock it". Then they go "Ok, wow I really like playing on this server, I'll come back tomorrow and try to unlock some other weapons" ... you get the idea.

Or is it possible to make one of those server variables that sets it so all weapons to stock and then an admin could start a vote at the beginning of a new map that says "Stock weapons only?" and if there are more yes votes, then everyone plays stock, but if there are more no votes then the game continues normally.

Right now I think people who want stock weapons are a minority so we would have to just put our feet in the water with switching to stock weapons on JB (if it's even going to happen).

Ibram

Recognized Member
Edit: I am REALLY for stock weapons. Trying to balance out the whole game by blocking weapons and allowing others is too much and not everyone is going to agree with it. Making it a swift transition to stock only and >maybe< implementing @1769 's idea at a future date will make it so much easier than having arguments over which weapon is OP and which is not, because people just want their favorite weapon to stay. This just gives the whole suggestion a meaningless point because of bias towards different weapons.

Ibram

Recognized Member
Ew stock weapons.
ADD SOMETHING TO THE DISCUSSION PLEASE .-.

Also, there are so many servers with stock weapons and they run SO SMOOTH. No problems with people complaining about OP weapons and people don't have to worry about things like the vaccinator or bleed weapons. This means more people on BLU because they aren't afraid of the red's weapons and a more "jail-like" experience.

Thresher

Recognized Member
This means more people on BLU because they aren't afraid of the red's weapons and a more "jail-like" experience.
And less people on jailbreak. So that doesnt really work out.
Jailbreak was empty with all stock. We added other weapons, and boom. It was always full. Not anymore since school started but still.
Non-Stock weapons is what made jail popular. At least for me.

Keywest

Recognized Member
And less people on jailbreak. So that doesnt really work out.
Jailbreak was empty with all stock. We added other weapons, and boom. It was always full. Not anymore since school started but still.
Non-Stock weapons is what made jail popular. At least for me.
Tbh, old JB was always full.
Not so much anymore.

CrossaintBandit

Recognized Member
@Asu , is it theoretically possible to have it where everyone starts out with stock weapons and you can permanently unlock weapons by using store credits? That way when new people come on and say "Why is my _____ weapon blocked?" we can say "If you play on the servers some more, you can get credits to unlock it". Then they go "Ok, wow I really like playing on this server, I'll come back tomorrow and try to unlock some other weapons" ... you get the idea.
I saw a server do this with tf2 classes so I believe it is possible with some coding or whatever I'm no tech genius though

Also all stock kinda kept a lot of crowds away IMO when we allowed most weapons jailbreak became a lot more popular and stock only makes a ton of classes unplayable on red without bum rushing to armory first

Thstardust

Recognized Member

Or is it possible to make one of those server variables that sets it so all weapons to stock and then an admin could start a vote at the beginning of a new map that says "Stock weapons only?" and if there are more yes votes, then everyone plays stock, but if there are more no votes then the game continues normally.

Right now I think people who want stock weapons are a minority so we would have to just put our feet in the water with switching to stock weapons on JB (if it's even going to happen).
I proposed something similar to this in store section. I really wouldnt mind if it were implemented, with the option to unlock classes as well