(Please forget that this thread ever existed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivy

Recognized Member
Uhhh, really?

The rule you're suggesting would be the equivalent of "no freehitting," and adding a rule that allowed an exception to being AFK frozen would be incredibly abused. If you need to move from someone attacking you, move. Don't move back to the line. If it's in the face of death, move. Don't move back to the line.

If this was an alarming problem, we would have dealt with it by now.

Last edited:

Wickednick

Recognized Member
>me when this extremely alarming problem ends up with 18 people dead from haduken

TSAthirtyOW

Recognized Member
I'm not going to make this too long, but as I said, this is a really bad and alarming problem. Let's start off by a story that happened very recently-
I was a red awaiting in the yellow line, having a great time, when soon a demo-man comes up. I see his Eyelander swing in my direction and I dodge out of the way.
When I get back, the blues kill me. Why is that? Because I moved from my spot. This is a very bad problem, because in my situation, there was no possible way to survive. I was either going to die from a gunshot wound or a taunt kill. Please add a rule regarding this, because if left alone, this could be bad. (And if you are thinking, "this guy is an idiot! He didn't even consider attacking this guy!" I couldn't move to behind him, because I couldn't move in the first place, and attacking him would have still left me in the eyelander's endless range.
It's not a problem at all, or as you put it either an ALARMING PROBLEM in all red (for some reason) or a very bad problem. 1. Some blues, not all the time, but there will usually be one with/without a mic who will tend to free-hit quite a few times, which there is of course a rule banning free-hitting as mentioned before by @Ivy. 2. If the warden (which I'm assuming happened) had told the reds to AFK freeze on the yellow line, you moving back is a type of rebel which blues have the authority to kill you unless warden pardons before your death. 3. I may be wrong about this but I believe your automatically pardoned if your moving to avoid a death from a free-hitting blue that may perhaps lead to a free-kill even if the order from the warden was to AFK freeze.
I couldn't move to behind him, because I couldn't move in the first place, and attacking him would have still left me in the eyelander's endless range.
The eyelander does not have an endless range and moving behind him to kill the particular blue doing this could be seen as a rebel from other blues unless they were watching specifically you for the entire time of the particular incident.
I in particular in posting this replay am not using this as a way to call you a dumbass or anything just trying to explain who the blues who killed you had the right of way in doing so.

Loki

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Being taunt killed if you’re following warden’s orders is a freekill, but if you move off the line to avoid being killed than its no longer freekill. Tauntkilling is just another form of freekilling

Zero1763

Recognized Member
I'm not going to make this too long, but as I said, this is a really bad and alarming problem. Let's start off by a story that happened very recently-
I was a red awaiting in the yellow line, having a great time, when soon a demo-man comes up. I see his Eyelander swing in my direction and I dodge out of the way.
When I get back, the blues kill me. Why is that? Because I moved from my spot. This is a very bad problem, because in my situation, there was no possible way to survive. I was either going to die from a gunshot wound or a taunt kill. Please add a rule regarding this, because if left alone, this could be bad. (And if you are thinking, "this guy is an idiot! He didn't even consider attacking this guy!" I couldn't move to behind him, because I couldn't move in the first place, and attacking him would have still left me in the eyelander's endless range.
Not only did I not read this entire thing because the first half actually made my stomach hurt but there's a rule I don't know if you've been familiarized with it called no freekilling. If someone chooses to break the rules it's quite unfortunate; however, it does not warrant a rule to make sure a rule works because that starts the slippery slope of not only more rules that no one wants to read but the slippery slope of, "I moved to dodge his taunt kill but then out of nowhere he pulled out a gun and started shooting me. Please add a rule to ensure this doesn't happen.".
@Ivy now thats a fire use of a semicolon <---

Status
Not open for further replies.