Promotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris18

Recognized Member
We've hired a ton of new admins since I've come here and even in the past little while. Most of them are still on the low-tier "Admin" rank and a couple of them could perhaps deserve to move up and could be helpful as an Admin+.

Current people I "nominate" for Admin+
  • Shang_Dragon (now Admin+)
  • Quote/Philbob (now Admin+)
  • Billy (Now Admin+)

You may not recognize the third one, and I don't blame you. He's actually not an admin yet, but along with the other two, I believe they deserved Admin+ from the start.

Shang and Billy were admins on my past server and Philbob should've been admin on my last server. All three I've known for a good time now and I believe they all know how to use banning powers effectively and appropriately. They're all intelligent and fun to be around. I suggest the fast track for Billy since Jailbreak is in desperate need of admins, and while you can add a bunch that can kick, you need a few that can ban.

We don't really have a fixed process of promoting admins here, but I would like to hear the community's opinions on these three getting promoted to Admin+. I don't expect much word on Billy, but perhaps some members from the old server could put in some negative or positive word for him.

This does not mean for sure they will get it even if they have a good amount of support, but it may influence. What do you guys think?

---
It actually seems Shang_Dragon just got Admin+. Grats!

---
Guess all three got Admin+! If anyone has any suggestions, please do post here for now until we have a formal process (if we ever do). Thanks.

Veigar

Recognized Member
Quote should definitely get a promotion, and I would say Shang as well, but that already happened. :p

Quote is one of the people who really really cares for our servers, and he administrates them well. He's very funny, extremely friendly, and I just believe that he deserves a promotion for his work and dedication.

He's really the only one I'd nominate as well at the moment, but it would be great if he got a promo!

EDIT: I lied, I nominate myself to be promoted to godtier. jktho

Katze

Recognized Member
1276221006225.gif

You guys... It means a ton to get support like this...
I'm just sweating out my eyes...

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Shang was already moved to Admin+ awhile back.

There isn't a need to stick a thread like this. I check all threads equally.

EDIT : Quote is now an Admin+.

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
I feel that many of the slightly older admins deserve promotions. I understand that I was very active and that's why I "ranked up" so quickly, however I feel that the admins who were here before me deserve more than they get. Even if they haven't been on 24/7, they have still been admins for a long time, and they get stuff done.

I didn't want to change the people this thread was made for, but I have been thinking this for sometime.

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
There aren't that many old Admins. Most are moved to Admin+ or they aren't fit to have the ban command.

I will be making a post outlining the differences between the ranks.

Kris18

Recognized Member
madame rash said:
EDIT: I lied, I nominate myself to be promoted to godtier. jktho
ZOMFG MAKE MADAME ROOT ADMIN NAO.

xSpeced said:
Shang was already moved to Admin+ awhile back.
WELL I NEVER KNEW OF THIS D:

xSpeced said:
There isn't a need to stick a thread like this. I check all threads equally.
Yeah, I was on the fence, but decided it couldn't hurt.

xSpeced said:
EDIT : Quote is now an Admin+.
Yay. :D

Katze

Recognized Member
I'm proud to be here to watch SG grow, glad to be somewhat important so quickly :D

I AM FABULOUS
wCr1w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.