Request for more maps on jailbreak.

holdmybeer

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
The current map pool of the jailbreak server is very small. There are currently 13 maps on the server, and two of these are the very similar minecraft ones, and other huge maps with box layouts like chretien and famouz which always favor the red team. Chretien also has several broken minigames despite being fixed and famouz has a secret which is way too easy to exploit and delay the round. The same thing goes for albany, the scout cell secret leads to rebellions almost every round. Furthermore casuarina also has a bunch of broken minigames and a huge size which also leads to many rebellions.

So according to my opinion, if I want to play on the server, I literally only have 8 maps to pick from, because if any of the 5 mentioned above maps are on, it is just not fun to play on the server as a blu.

I do understand that it is very hard to make new maps and add them on the server, so I request that we add back previously removed maps.
A couple good maps I can think of are quake, simple, district
-jb_simple from denied was an overall balanced map with no major flaws. It was nice and balanced where rebellions were caused if deserved from the poor performance of the blu team. All the minigames I remember from that map also function pretty well.
-jb_quake was also a fairly new map with minigames that all functioned how they're supposed to. The layout was kind of confusing for new players, but I feel it wasn't game breaking and it did not ruin the fun of the game like some of today's maps do.
-jb_district was also previously on the server and had a couple optimization issues, the map patch notes indicate that those have been worked on. Other than that, I cant really think of any issues with that map either. It had a nuclear secret that rewarded knowledgeable reds and was mostly balanced towards both teams.

Bray

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Honestly, both Wildwest and Lunapark could be good additions to the rotation, though I hear Lunapark is a really easy map to delay on because of the vast amount of secrets there are, I've heard nothing but good things about Wildwest though.

Quake also seems like a good addition, but I hear it's a mixed bag with most of the people on the server.

We could also replace the old Minecraft map with one of the daylight or nighttime variants, but that seems kind of overkill, as it's more or less a retexture with some useless stuff added in.

All in all, I think we should add Wildwest back in the rotation :)

Kortex XD

Recognized Member
I really liked Lunaparks aesthetic, but too bad the catacombs sucked ass. I really think that dynf should be replaced by daylight or nightfall because the other two look so much better and have more minigames. All in all, the more maps the merrier!

Pat

Recognized Member
Honestly, both Wildwest and Lunapark could be good additions to the rotation, though I hear Lunapark is a really easy map to delay on because of the vast amount of secrets there are, I've heard nothing but good things about Wildwest though.

Quake also seems like a good addition, but I hear it's a mixed bag with most of the people on the server.

We could also replace the old Minecraft map with one of the daylight or nighttime variants, but that seems kind of overkill, as it's more or less a retexture with some useless stuff added in.

Luna Park was HUGE and took forever to end the round if someone went into catacombs. It would be decent if there was no catacombs. Wild West i would also like to see in the rotation because ive only heard good things. I personally wasnt a fan of quake it just didnt look or feel pleasing to play on. : ( )

Spicee

Klub

lunapark looks interesting, but probably would be best for october

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Quake is back.

I don't have the map file for any other so. I can't really take a look at the other ones.
If you have them, attach them here as an attachment and I may take a look when I have the time.

holdmybeer

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Quake is back.

I don't have the map file for any other so. I can't really take a look at the other ones.
If you have them, attach them here as an attachment and I may take a look when I have the time.
Simple is attached, so is district and another updated version of albany (thanks to semilicon\). Here is another new jailbreak map released recently : https://gamebanana.com/maps/214375

Attachments

• jb_simple_b9.bsp
    27.4 MB · Views: 173
  • jb_district_a4fix.rar
    99.4 MB · Views: 176
  • ba_jail_albany_b7e.bsp
    38.3 MB · Views: 170

Owl

New Poster
I don't know what legojail is, volcano kinda funny, wildwest best map, snowballs is better than snowday, wip's pretty gamer.

Attachments

• jb_volcano_v1.bsp
    83 MB · Views: 177
  • jb_legojail_b1.bsp
    31.9 MB · Views: 165
  • ba_jail_wildwest_v8_675f9.zip
    86.9 MB · Views: 178
  • jail_snowballsv20_opst_2.zip
    68.2 MB · Views: 174
  • ba_jail_wip_a6v4.rar
    36 MB · Views: 169

Pat

Recognized Member
I don't know what legojail is, volcano kinda funny, wildwest best map, snowballs is better than snowday, wip's pretty gamer.
wip is bad besides surf game 👎, volcano wayyy too big 👎, wildwest looks fun :p 👍, other 2 (snowballs and legojail) look interesting. 🤔

Depresso

Quake is back.

Alkatraz is very good i'll mention a few pros and cons
With a lot of mini games mentioned here:
1. Knife Pit
2. 9 square
3. Crush Game
4. Box Game
5. Disco

6. Russian Roulette
7. BunnyHop
8. Steady Pace
9. Four Corners
10. Arena
11. Deathfall + Sweeper

13. Obstacle Course
14. Foot(duck)ball
15. VS. Sentry
16. Fallgame
17. Pool
18. Deathrun
19. Trivia
20. Theatre
21. Jumprope
22. Dodgeball
23. Maze

-------PROS---------

-Nice diversity of mini-games
-Many rebel spots
-Has an exit for red victory (although it is guarded by sentries so you need an uber to get past)
-large and open (including a second floor)
-Has a red secret that gives you super powers (regen and some ammo)
-Has a blu refill station with 1 med ammo and med pack that regens
-Tiny Desk engineers at some places
--------CONS----------
-its almost too large and there is not a lot of cover in the hallways
-Has a slightly confusing layout
------------------------
Overall i like it and i think it might have a chance at getting in

Attachments

• jb_alkatraz_final_fix_50138.zip
    74.6 MB · Views: 170

Bray

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Alkatraz is very good i'll mention a few pros and cons
With a lot of mini games mentioned here:
1. Knife Pit
2. 9 square
3. Crush Game
4. Box Game
5. Disco

6. Russian Roulette
7. BunnyHop
8. Steady Pace
9. Four Corners
10. Arena
11. Deathfall + Sweeper

13. Obstacle Course
14. Foot(duck)ball
15. VS. Sentry
16. Fallgame
17. Pool
18. Deathrun
19. Trivia
20. Theatre
21. Jumprope
22. Dodgeball
23. Maze

-------PROS---------

-Nice diversity of mini-games
-Many rebel spots
-Has an exit for red victory (although it is guarded by sentries so you need an uber to get past)
-large and open (including a second floor)
-Has a red secret that gives you super powers (regen and some ammo)
-Has a blu refill station with 1 med ammo and med pack that regens
-Tiny Desk engineers at some places
--------CONS----------
-its almost too large and there is not a lot of cover in the hallways
-Has a slightly confusing layout
------------------------
Overall i like it and i think it might have a chance at getting in
Alkatraz was originally on the server but I think had too many entities, leading to multiple crashes, so it was removed.

Cyveray

I personally really like wip and wildwest so I would like to see these get added, volcano not so much as I believe that map is just too big. As for the other two maps they both have updated versions that fix many broken aspects of each one so if you want to add the maps consider using these instead.

Updated Legojail Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1meargQII9PDlN-rK9R7ZT3hiFyf1QQpe/view?usp=sharing

Updated Snowballs Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kCUqDi82lsfBsA11ngbChLmQMEo7dP62/view?usp=sharing

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
District, Wild west and simple are in rotation. Alkatraz requires some additional testing due to the known issues from before.