Request for more maps on jailbreak.

holdmybeer

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
The current map pool of the jailbreak server is very small. There are currently 13 maps on the server, and two of these are the very similar minecraft ones, and other huge maps with box layouts like chretien and famouz which always favor the red team. Chretien also has several broken minigames despite being fixed and famouz has a secret which is way too easy to exploit and delay the round. The same thing goes for albany, the scout cell secret leads to rebellions almost every round. Furthermore casuarina also has a bunch of broken minigames and a huge size which also leads to many rebellions.

So according to my opinion, if I want to play on the server, I literally only have 8 maps to pick from, because if any of the 5 mentioned above maps are on, it is just not fun to play on the server as a blu.

I do understand that it is very hard to make new maps and add them on the server, so I request that we add back previously removed maps.
A couple good maps I can think of are quake, simple, district
-jb_simple from denied was an overall balanced map with no major flaws. It was nice and balanced where rebellions were caused if deserved from the poor performance of the blu team. All the minigames I remember from that map also function pretty well.
-jb_quake was also a fairly new map with minigames that all functioned how they're supposed to. The layout was kind of confusing for new players, but I feel it wasn't game breaking and it did not ruin the fun of the game like some of today's maps do.
-jb_district was also previously on the server and had a couple optimization issues, the map patch notes indicate that those have been worked on. Other than that, I cant really think of any issues with that map either. It had a nuclear secret that rewarded knowledgeable reds and was mostly balanced towards both teams.

Denied

jb map maker
Here's what you missed. Been a while since I packed things properly though, so let me know if this is fucked up.

This is essentially just the original quake with a few minor changes to make it a better experience. It doesn't make the map more interesting, and it doesn't improve any of the games because, let's face it... They were never a problem to begin with. As for what actually changed, however... Well... Take a look for yourself.

Attachments

• jb_quake_v1.bsp
    34 MB · Views: 213

Pat

Recognized Member
that old map jail_wip I think it was called was good they could add that one back too
If i remember correctly there were barely any actual minigames. Also in my opinion there was only one good one, the surf one :)

holdmybeer

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Here's what you missed. Been a while since I packed things properly though, so let me know if this is fucked up.

This is essentially just the original quake with a few minor changes to make it a better experience. It doesn't make the map more interesting, and it doesn't improve any of the games because, let's face it... They were never a problem to begin with. As for what actually changed, however... Well... Take a look for yourself.
Thanks for sharing. I found that the skybox is glitched out and I attached pictures of it, maybe its just for me or a result of your packing.
And I like the overall changes the new open hallways definitely make the map easier to navigate and the replacement for pool to arenapit is also good because no one really plays pool anyways.

Attachments

• 20200417093939_1.jpg
    20200417093939_1.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 20200417094219_1.jpg
    20200417094219_1.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 215

Denied

jb map maker
Thanks for sharing. I found that the skybox is glitched out and I attached pictures of it, maybe its just for me or a result of your packing.
And I like the overall changes the new open hallways definitely make the map easier to navigate and the replacement for pool to arenapit is also good because no one really plays pool anyways.
Here, try this:

Attachments

• jb_quake_v1.bsp
    34 MB · Views: 224

Bray

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
why did we keep famous but get rid of wip