Rule clarification (Jailbreak)

P13

New Poster
So I've recently returned to TF2 after a ~6 year hiatus and I've been hopping between servers. Jailbreak was my main go-to back in the day and I decided to visit it again and a few things have changed, notably "days" are now a thing that never were back when I played.

So as always, I join the server, skim through the rules to get the gist of the specifics of this server and begin playing just to be killed ~10 minutes later to the warden saying "out of cell, rebel day" and following up by saying "days aren't a thing here".

Now, I'm going to quote the exact section of the rules that references that.
Mjy1P59.png

So, if that particular command is listed in the rules, does that not imply is is in fact a "thing" here?

Just to round it all off, the warden then calls a "lava day" and proceeded to kill people who touch the floor after 3-4 people tell me, and I'm paraphrasing here, "days are not a thing here, go read the rules".

I'm not naming names or trying to get anyone in trouble, I just want to clarify exactly what's going on here because it's frustrating to read one thing, be told another and then witness a third. Is this a case of someone arguing semantics by saying "out of cell, rebel" is a thing but adding "day" on the end nullifies it? Because that goes against the "lava day" being abode by.

/shrug I'm just a little frustrated at being killed for what I see and read as doing the right thing.

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
There is no concept of a "day" here officially. Every "day" (besides FDFD) is simply a normal day of a Warden choosing a series of games to play and giving LR to the last survivor. It may be something that came from other servers and people just assume it's the same thing here. The rules may have to be amended for that.

Lava day doesn't sound like it'd work or be valid as you'd be confined to the stairs and platform directly outside the cells with essentially nothing to do. There is a rule clause against commands that effectively grind the game to a halt.

The line you quoted only defines that "Out of cell, rebel" means "leaving cells results in being a rebel, and therefore killable". It's use is limited due to the 45 second rule which states that
[a] command to exit the cells must be given withing 45 seconds of the round starting or it becomes a freeday
So at some point Red players must be told to go somewhere other than their cells within 45 seconds of round start, thus nullifying the "out of cell, rebel" command.

sapphire

Recognized Member
So as always, I join the server, skim through the rules to get the gist of the specifics of this server and begin playing just to be killed ~10 minutes later to the warden saying "out of cell, rebel day" and following up by saying "days aren't a thing here".
Some players that play on other servers that has "days" are used to hearing "out of cell rebel day". No one really says "days" on this server, unless it was a slip or they are new to the server (which days are not allowed). You probably thought they were saying "days" because you are used to other servers that have warden say "out of cell rebel day". It happens to a lot of people. Also what Nazuki said above just splat here too.