• This is good

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • This is a terrible idea Geel should kill himself

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I dont care, yes im a mongrel

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I dont do trading

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Im F2P, who needs hats and unusuals when you have skills?

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • This game's economy is still alive?

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moashu

Recognized Member
As Geel confirmed in his recent post, https://scrap.tf/blog/posts/16

They bought backpack.tf, for how much? Who knows and i want to know what y'all think of this change? Is it good? Is it horrible? Do you not give a flying crap like a mongrel?

IMO, it's a big mistake, prices will change constantly and scrap.tf doesnt care about custom parts (Strange part, killstreak, paints, etc) But when they sell it they detect it.

tf2mart.net does better than scrap.tf. My backpack when from 60$ USD to 79$ USD thanks to tf2mart.net

Anyways. watcha think?
Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png

Pyrelancer

Recognized Member
I'm not a trader, so I don't know how this will affect me outside of likely being entertainment in the near future.

Recognized Member
scrap.tf doesnt care about custom parts (Strange part, killstreak, paints, etc) But when they sell it they detect it.

Yeah pretty much. But generally I only really trade shit with friends because of a few reasons.
1: people online are actually stupid when it comes to negotiating, they're always in a rush or say "just pay in pure dude" but they put it up for negotiation.
2: I trust my friends with items not being glitched or fake. Except @Wickednick with that le party phantom.
3: Lastly, I kinda dislike trading and dealing with those people, so i just deal with my friends who want to trade or have stuff they wanna sell instead. :cool:

Moashu

Recognized Member
On the post it says they don't intend to change prices either
but no one really tells the truth ():
Has an item worth 5 keys with 2 strange parts (example)
Scrap.tf offers 2.1 keys
Scrap.tf sells it for 7 keys

Yea thats beside the point, but they dont intend to change them for now. Just give them 2-3 months.

Green

my burgers are aggressive
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I mean I understand that to make a profit you need to over price items but I also wouldn't put it past them to change prices just so they can over price the items even further.

But bp.tf is mostly community run. Like top 1% community run

EmNudge

allowed the sun back into the spy room
Geel said:
Nice try, atheist!
He said that in the first and last time I met him, tf2 competitive beta.

I'm just looking forward to the design change. I'm a much bigger fan of scrap.tf's servers, design (they use bootstrap, I like it), and JS implementation (socket.io is nice as well).

Flamboyant

I do not think they would change bp.tf for their own benefit.

Pssh, they already kill 60-75% of the price of items you get from them for huge profit. I don't necessarily trust them with prices and now knowing they have one of them most used price checking site. Shady, so I'll stick to spreadsheet or something alternative :/

Denied

jb map maker
Backpack's prices change based on community votes though. If they change that it could easily be boycott.

Moashu

Recognized Member
Backpack's prices change based on community votes though. If they change that it could easily be boycott.
*Sees keys being sold at 30 ref, makes suggestion cause tf2outpost*
Honestly i would love it if its changed, most price suggestions are fucking braindead.
Oh but i bought it for 6 ref instead of 4, im making this price suggestion so i wont lose profit doiiii

Denied

jb map maker
*Sees keys being sold at 30 ref, makes suggestion cause tf2outpost*
Honestly i would love it if its changed, most price suggestions are fucking braindead.
Oh but i bought it for 6 ref instead of 4, im making this price suggestion so i wont lose profit doiiii
People will always try to make money using prices, tf2 has always been like this.

Moashu

Recognized Member
People will always try to make money using prices, tf2 has always been like this.
Hopefully scrap.tf will change it, they mentionned about changing the classified and suggestions.

Green

my burgers are aggressive
I kinda hope scrap lowers some prices. Idc if I have a profit or not, prices are fucking insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.