Server Map Voting - The Spam of 1

Muu

Active Member
TF2 Admin
#1
The Spam of 1 happens almost every time a new map vote is initiated. This has been much of an issue in the Freak Fortress 2 Community and assuming it happens in the Jailbreak Server as well.

I wanted to suggest a way of changing the voting system for when there is a soon to be map change and votes on maps will be more precise especially to help out Yuki's monthly Freak Fortress 2 stats.


An example is below.

1) No Vote
2) Map
3) Map
4) Map
5) Map

Comment your thoughts or any other ways of modifying this vote system.
 
#2
That sounds great but... No vote? Why not extend the time limit on the current map instead of No vote.
 

Kiro

Active Member
#3
That sounds great but... No vote? Why not extend the time limit on the current map instead of No vote.
I'd rather have there be a different map, to me at least it gets boring playing the same map for 45+ minutes
 

247kitty

Active Member
#5
What a coincidence. This was inplemented roughly half a day before this thread. :D (unless it broke).
Potato coding worse than riots spaghetti coding. Probably made the thread when he hasn’t played when it was added
 

L1nk

Active Member
#7
inb4 everyone votes 2

My thoughts on how it should go is:
Vote 1: no vote (or suicide for reds?)
Vote 2: Random map (if possible, 75% chance for a random nominated map, 25% for a random non-nominated)
Vote 3: Random Nominated map
Vote 4: Random non-nominated map
Vote 5: Random Nominated map

This should make it so that if more than 3 people nominated, it would randomize the chance of their map getting voted on, and it would also allow a random map that wasn't nominated to see the light of day.

This is only if it is possible to seperate the two.
 
Top