Server Map Voting - The Spam of 1

Muu

TF2 Admin
The Spam of 1 happens almost every time a new map vote is initiated. This has been much of an issue in the Freak Fortress 2 Community and assuming it happens in the Jailbreak Server as well.

I wanted to suggest a way of changing the voting system for when there is a soon to be map change and votes on maps will be more precise especially to help out Yuki's monthly Freak Fortress 2 stats.

An example is below.

1) No Vote
2) Map
3) Map
4) Map
5) Map

Comment your thoughts or any other ways of modifying this vote system.

That sounds great but... No vote? Why not extend the time limit on the current map instead of No vote.

Kiro

That sounds great but... No vote? Why not extend the time limit on the current map instead of No vote.
I'd rather have there be a different map, to me at least it gets boring playing the same map for 45+ minutes

247kitty

What a coincidence. This was inplemented roughly half a day before this thread. :D (unless it broke).
Potato coding worse than riots spaghetti coding. Probably made the thread when he hasn’t played when it was added

L1nk

inb4 everyone votes 2

My thoughts on how it should go is:
Vote 1: no vote (or suicide for reds?)
Vote 2: Random map (if possible, 75% chance for a random nominated map, 25% for a random non-nominated)
Vote 3: Random Nominated map
Vote 4: Random non-nominated map
Vote 5: Random Nominated map

This should make it so that if more than 3 people nominated, it would randomize the chance of their map getting voted on, and it would also allow a random map that wasn't nominated to see the light of day.

This is only if it is possible to seperate the two.