Staff (Should and Shouldn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntrii

Recognized Member
Staff should use the "powers" given to them to support the server and go for an overall better future. This mainly concerns Jailbreak, so if you don't care leave.
(All names are blurred to prevent shit from hitting the fan)

1.Admin Chat
It is a perk to talk with your fellow staff. Not a right. It should be used for things concerning staff, and staff only. It should be used to point things out that are wrong, and inform other staff of rules that have been broken. It is not normal chat. If you wish to talk to a certain indiviual use /psay, not (TEAM)@. If you wish to put an insult to another player, a comment, and just screwing around use normal chat. If you wish to communicate with you're team member use team chat. When arguing with staff about this issue I showed them an example. This is what was proceeded by it:

(ADMINS) : Rekt
(ADMINS) Syntrii (Originality): See what I mean?
*DEAD* Not an Admin Bill Nye Im SOOO danm high : are you guys blind

2.All Chat
This is basically a copy and paste of the upper paragraph. Use !me or /me, all chat is not used for conversation it is used to enforce rules and talk to players about issues that have occurred. Something like this is not necessary to say in @ chat:

(ALL) : blind dates is actually a thing in america fyi
(ALL) : where you randomly get matched up with most likely a fat person

3.Slurs (Chat/Voice)
Many have become very "lax" about this rule. I have seen a lot more use of the "f" word or the "n" word without any consequences. Not to sound like we are all children (although some act like it), but should we not create a friendly environment for anyone who joins our server? Many children under the age of 15 are on our servers daily, and if you counted Salt maybe even younger. Swears are fine, because the society we live in today is much worse than what we can cause on here. Many children already know the swear alphabet, but I still believe we do not have to extend it.

There is no example here ,due to the statements above, but you will see it on the servers at one point.

4.The Slap
Not exactly sure why this is an option other than to damage players for a certain mini game, last request, or any other action that requires a point damage procedure. This can be abused to get players killed (when it is not necessary), spam chat, and flood the server. It is fine to keep it, but it should be regulated. To show you what I'm referring to, here is an example:

[SM] : Slapped Keoki the Duck.
*DEAD* Not an Admin [Member] Kubo : he can fly ( ͡° ͜ ͡°)
Canned Beans : why
*DEAD* Trader ✯RTT✯ SandwichSenpai : anyone have leftover's trap?

5. Teleportation Hacks
A rule, that is stated clearly, is no teleporting of reds.
"No teleporting of RED(s)
You are not to teleport RED(s)."
It is there for a reason. If they aren't about to be free killed, or it isn't a part of a last request, it should not be used. This has been happening for a while now, and I have seen many staff do it for various reasons other than concerning ones. If they are stuck that is there own problem, depending on how they got there. Just an example of a stuck incident:
[SM] : 'Red Team' was teleported
(ALL) : i did it because you were stuck

6.Respect Backstabber's
The disrespect has gotten to far against our leaders of this community. Now, 9/10 staff will be mad about this, but it deserves to be known. Stirring shit behind a staff's back doesn't make you innocent. Half of the staff are mad at 1769 for various reasons. He is trying to help the community for the better. Stop it. If you do not wish to be a part of this community, simply press the delete button. It is that simple. The harder part is not pressing that button, but simply trying to help yourself and the community, as a whole, together as one big partnership. We should never rant about any other staff either. If you have complaints, complain and it will be resolved eventually whether it turns out for the worst or for the better.

7.Delaying is Spelled W-A-R-D-E-N
Now, this has been reduced greatly but it is still seen. The main people that I see do this are staff. When there are multiple Blues, and a single Red rebels, do not spend two minutes silently chasing him/her as warden. Send another Blue after him/her or give commands while chasing the rebeler. This mostly happens with Staff vs Staff, but it has been getting better. However, when a Blue walks away from the group to get a rebeler, and then said rebeler is killed, that is not a plausible cause to kill the Blue for straying away. Let him get back to the group, especially if they are either far away or the location is unknown by the Blue.

Before I end this long rant, I wish to say a few things to not receive so many complaints about one's opinions:

Firstly: I have done some of these things myself, but that does not mean I cannot wish to end said things.

Secondly: If you actually read these things you will notice that, as stated at the start, names are blurred of the staff. So, do not go on a rant about how I "called you out".

Thirdly: Although this is opinion based, I'm sure you have all seen most of these things so do not act like you haven't or everything I just said was made from my imagination.

Fourthly: Before you actually complain please read the post. You will most likely find your answer in there somewhere.

These are the 7 Deadly Sins of SG.
maxresdefault.jpg

(This is not a joke post but it just happened to work out, okay?)

Last edited:

Zero1763

Recognized Member
You know you can say who it is and put it in the right section and not take a fucking shot at me, thanks.

Syntrii

Recognized Member
You know you can say who it is and put it in the right section and not take a fucking shot at me, thanks.
You sir, are a simpleton. You just called yourself out. Let me take a quote an insert right here...
"Secondly: If you actually read these things you will notice that, as stated at the start, names are blurred of the staff. So, do not go on a rant about how I "called you out"."
...yet you seem to not have your glasses on.
This is also not a post about you, or any staff in particular. It is for the community. I believe it is right where it belongs. You just happened to be doing EXACTLY what I was complaining about every time I came in-game. So, sir, do not complain.

Zero1763

Recognized Member
You sir, are a simpleton. You just called yourself out. Let me take a quote an insert right here...
"Secondly: If you actually read these things you will notice that, as stated at the start, names are blurred of the staff. So, do not go on a rant about how I "called you out"."
This is also not a post about you, or any staff in particular. It is for the community. I believe it is right where it belongs.
So using me as an example isn't taking a shot at me for a bad thing? Im not the one with no glasses, or common sense.

Syntrii

Recognized Member
So using me as an example isn't taking a shot at me for a bad thing? Im not the one with no glasses, or common sense.
*tsk tsk tsk* Let me phrase another quote for you.
"Firstly: I have done some of these things myself, but that does not mean I cannot wish to end said things."
I even used my self as an example. You are not special, stop trying to be. You are STILL doing this things, and do not wish to end them. So, yes, I believe you are quite an efficient guinea pig for my experiments.

Comm

Recognized Member
This is also not a post about you, or any staff in particular. It is for the community. I believe it is right where it belongs. You just happened to be doing EXACTLY what I was complaining about every time I came in-game. So, sir, do not complain.
He called himself out since he's a decent person, and who gives you the right to call anyone a simpleton. I think you should stop striving for people to stop disrespecting when you just did it yourself which obviously shows you just want people to get in trouble and you don't care.

Syntrii

Recognized Member
One more quote, just in case you continue to make things worse.
"All names are blurred to prevent shit from hitting the fan"
You started this. No where, if your read, did I say a staff's name other than my own.
No where did I call someone out
No where did I say "He did this"
No where did I say "I'm innocent"
You are doing half the shit I said not to do. Have you figured it out yet?

"call anyone a simpleton"
Concerning Comm, simpleton is a reference to his knowledge of the world, and when someone directly disregards stuff that I wrote to prevent certain things from happening, I'm am given the right to use that name. He did not call himself out on purpose. He wanted to start an argument which I tried to prevent many times in this post, if you READ the post.
(Keyword in that sentence)

Last edited:

Syntrii

Recognized Member
No you're not. Disrespect is not tolerated lol.
Here is another sigh for the crowd. *sigh*
Simpleton, as I said before, is a reference to his knowledge. Again, you are not reading what I'm typing. If it was "disrespect" we would not be able to teamban players for not knowing the rules. I want you to think before you type, and maybe even read the post before going off on a rant.
"Fourthly: Before you actually complain please read the post. You will most likely find your answer in there somewhere."
READ THE POST
I do not know how to make it more obvious. You both took a quick peak and just started to argue. Please, stop. You obviously haven't because nothing has referenced the actual post.

SNC

Recognized Member
People are mad at 1769? He does his job perfectly.

JSVague

Recognized Member
Syntrii, I applaud your attempt to actually try and shed some light on the hardheaded people of this community. It sucks to see some kids can't respect that. You were completely impartial and kept everything respectful, but yet kids seem to find something to fight about. SG is going down becuase some people just simply can not act like a mature person and have to shit their pants becuase they feel like their feeligs got hurt. So, good job syntrii, atleast you tried.

Blitz1763

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Staff should use the "powers" given to them to support the server and go for an overall better future. This mainly concerns Jailbreak, so if you don't care leave.
(All names are blurred to prevent shit from hitting the fan)

1.Admin Chat
It is a perk to talk with your fellow staff. Not a right. It should be used for things concerning staff, and staff only. It should be used to point things out that are wrong, and inform other staff of rules that have been broken. It is not normal chat. If you wish to talk to a certain indiviual use /psay, not (TEAM)@. If you wish to put an insult to another player, a comment, and just screwing around use normal chat. If you wish to communicate with you're team member use team chat. When arguing with staff about this issue I showed them an example. This is what was proceeded by it:

(ADMINS) ☁Comm | S> 7 Unusuals☁: Rekt
(ADMINS) Syntrii (Originality): See what I mean?
*DEAD* Not an Admin Bill Nye Im SOOO danm high : are you guys blind

2.All Chat
This is basically a copy and paste of the upper paragraph. Use !me or /me, all chat is not used for conversation it is used to enforce rules and talk to players about issues that have occurred. Something like this is not necessary to say in @ chat:

(ALL) Zero1763: blind dates is actually a thing in america fyi
(ALL) Zero1763: where you randomly get matched up with most likely a fat person

3.Slurs (Chat/Voice)
Many have become very "lax" about this rule. I have seen a lot more use of the "f" word or the "n" word without any consequences. Not to sound like we are all children (although some act like it), but should we not create a friendly environment for anyone who joins our server? Many children under the age of 15 are on our servers daily, and if you counted Salt maybe even younger. Swears are fine, because the society we live in today is much worse than what we can cause on here. Many children already know the swear alphabet, but I still believe we do not have to extend it.

There is no example here ,due to the statements above, but you will see it on the servers at one point.

4.The Slap
Not exactly sure why this is an option other than to damage players for a certain mini game, last request, or any other action that requires a point damage procedure. This can be abused to get players killed (when it is not necessary), spam chat, and flood the server. It is fine to keep it, but it should be regulated. To show you what I'm referring to, here is an example:

[SM] Zero1763: Slapped Keoki the Duck.
*DEAD* Not an Admin [Member] Kubo : he can fly ( ͡° ͜ ͡°)
Canned Beans : why
*DEAD* Trader ✯RTT✯ SandwichSenpai : anyone have leftover's trap?

5. Teleportation Hacks
A rule, that is stated clearly, is no teleporting of reds.
"No teleporting of RED(s)
You are not to teleport RED(s)."
It is there for a reason. If they aren't about to be free killed, or it isn't a part of a last request, it should not be used. This has been happening for a while now, and I have seen many staff do it for various reasons other than concerning ones. If they are stuck that is there own problem, depending on how they got there. Just an example of a stuck incident:
[SM] Zero1763: 'Red Team' was teleported
(ALL) Zero1763: i did it because you were stuck

6.Respect Backstabber's
The disrespect has gotten to far against our leaders of this community. Now, 9/10 staff will be mad about this, but it deserves to be known. Stirring shit behind a staff's back doesn't make you innocent. Half of the staff are mad at 1769 for various reasons. He is trying to help the community for the better. Stop it. If you do not wish to be a part of this community, simply press the delete button. It is that simple. The harder part is not pressing that button, but simply trying to help yourself and the community, as a whole, together as one big partnership. We should never rant about any other staff either. If you have complaints, complain and it will be resolved eventually whether it turns out for the worst or for the better.

7.Delaying is Spelled W-A-R-D-E-N
Now, this has been reduced greatly but it is still seen. The main people that I see do this are staff. When there are multiple Blues, and a single Red rebels, do not spend two minutes silently chasing him/her as warden. Send another Blue after him/her or give commands while chasing the rebeler. This mostly happens with Staff vs Staff, but it has been getting better. However, when a Blue walks away from the group to get a rebeler, and then said rebeler is killed, that is not a plausible cause to kill the Blue for straying away. Let him get back to the group, especially if they are either far away or the location is unknown by the Blue.

Before I end this long rant, I wish to say a few things to not receive so many complaints about one's opinions:

Firstly: I have done some of these things myself, but that does not mean I cannot wish to end said things.

Secondly: If you actually read these things you will notice that, as stated at the start, names are blurred of the staff. So, do not go on a rant about how I "called you out".

Thirdly: Although this is opinion based, I'm sure you have all seen most of these things so do not act like you haven't or everything I just said was made from my imagination.

Fourthly: Before you actually complain please read the post. You will most likely find your answer in there somewhere.

These are the 7 Deadly Sins of SG.
View attachment 796

(This is not a joke post but it just happened to work out, okay?)
If you highlight the "blurred" names you can still read them >-<. Next time just erase them.

JSVague

Recognized Member
If you highlight the "blurred" names you can still read them >-<. Next time just erase them.
Lol, why did you highlight it? xX

Syntrii

Recognized Member
So you can go straight to putting someone down because of their knowledge?

Wut.
You just answered your own question. Again, read before you type.
We teamban based on knowledge. Come on guys, this is SIMPLE information
(My puns are 10/10 and I'm open Wednesday through Sunday)

JSVague

Recognized Member
So you can go straight to putting someone down because of their knowledge?
He wasn't disrespecting him in anyway, he was telling him he was being ignorant in a different term. If you know what ignorance means then you would understand that Zero, was infact acting ignorant to the situation/post.

Beast

Recognized Member
Just because you are honest doesn't mean you need to stab two guys when they rarely do this stuff.

Also, about all this all chat = aboose, just stop. If that is abusing powers, why is /me still a thing? I use it all the time. No one has a problem with people using /me as a all substitute!

Status
Not open for further replies.