Stardust's big tf2 discuss thread!

Thstardust

Recognized Member
im on jailbreak. Atleast like 1-2 hours a day. .-.

Applesauce

Recognized Member
I would like it more if there were an admin or admins on Jailbreak for the majority of the day. (8:00am EST- 8:00pm EST). I'm sick of being freekilled, and I feel sorry for having to bother Time,Thresher, or CrossaintBandit to join because there are freekillers. Also, please fix the dead-player-to-admin chat. I was trying to tell the admins about a freekiller, and no one responded. There were admins on. I know that the admin on was a good admin. So thank you and please try to help me.
There's an admin chat you can use to get your point across to one of the admins, if you're dead and they're alive. Type in team chat: @ and then what you need to say here.
The biggest problem I have is that all the old G2 mods go on trade now. Theres never mods on G2.
Me and bandit are like the only ones now.

I cant enforce on jailbreak with over 500 ping, and I cant be the only one for minecraft land as well. This is annoying.
This past week ish I haven't been active at all because I got my laptop taken away, but I just got it back the other day so I've been going on when I'm not busy with school things or other reasons. But yesterday I spent several hours on jailbreak.

Ibram

Recognized Member
This past week ish I haven't been active at all because I got my laptop taken away, but I just got it back the other day so I've been going on when I'm not busy with school things or other reasons. But yesterday I spent several hours on jailbreak.
I can vouch, she was on jailbreak almost all night yesterday.

Applesauce

Recognized Member
@Applesauce So the Admin chat thingy travels across all of SG?
What? No. If admins are on the server, anyone can use that chat command to talk amongst them. Only the admins can see it, even if you're dead and one of the admins aren't. If there aren't any admins on jailbreak at one point, don't hesitate to call one on if needed(through steam, or even the forums), for its their job to do so.

Astra

Recognized Member
What? No. If admins are on the server, anyone can use that chat command to talk amongst them. Only the admins can see it, even if you're dead and one of the admins aren't. If there aren't any admins on jailbreak at one point, don't hesitate to call one on if needed(through steam, or even the forums), for its their job to do so.
It isn't our job, we volunteered. Also, we don't get paid. Sometimes they may be on steam and can't get on the servers as well, so you should probably have more than one admin on your friends.

Astra

Recognized Member

Ibram

Recognized Member
How so? Being a volunteer is way different than it being a job.
A job doesn't necessarily mean that you are getting paid. Once you volunteer to do a task, you are then signing a figurative contract with whoever you said you would do the job for. You take responsibility for certain tasks that you must fulfill. Just like a job, but you wanted to do it out of freewill even though you aren't getting paid.

Astra

Recognized Member
A job doesn't necessarily mean that you are getting paid. Once you volunteer to do a task, you are then signing a figurative contract with whoever you said you would do the job for. You take responsibility for certain tasks that you must fulfill. Just like a job, but you wanted to do it out of freewill even though you aren't getting paid.
Not necessarily. Sure we have responsibilities; everyone does, even if you don't have some sort of occupation. There aren't any "tasks" we have to fulfill. We get on the servers when we can to help out, if you view this as a "job" then that must suck for you. I don't see why you are arguing with me, everything I've stated is correct. Do you just feel the need to argue about every little thing someone says?

Ibram

Recognized Member
Not necessarily. Sure we have responsibilities; everyone does, even if you don't have some sort of occupation. There aren't any "tasks" we have to fulfill. We get on the servers when we can to help out, if you view this as a "job" then that must suck for you. I don't see why you are arguing with me, everything I've stated is correct. Do you just feel the need to argue about every little thing someone says?
The thing is, you officially took the responsibility for a matter, making it your job to complete that responsibility. Helping out isn't a job, but when you make an application, you get special privileges and rank, it counts as if you have an actual job.

Also, no one was arguing with you, I was putting down my opinion on the matter. I didn't say you were wrong, but stated my outlook on the certain matter. Sorry if you didn't take it so lightly, but calm down.

Astra

Recognized Member
but calm down.
I've been calm this entire time. .-.
Helping out isn't a job, but when you make an application, you get special privileges and rank, it counts as if you have an actual job.
Again, you volunteer for this. Just because you get "special privileges" doesn't make it a job, neither does rank. In CoD when you level up you get "special privileges" and rank but that's not a job.
Also, no one was arguing with you,
ar·gue
verb
gerund or present participle: arguing
  1. 1.
    give reasons or cite evidence in support of an idea, action, or theory, typically with the aim of persuading others to share one's view.

Ibram

Recognized Member
If you want to get all definition specific, this is the way you used the term in your context.
ar·gue
ˈärgyo͞o/

exchange or express diverging or opposite views, typically in a heated or angry way.
"don't argue with me"

Synonyms:

quarrel, disagree, squabble, bicker, fight, wrangle, dispute, feud, have words, cross swords, lock horns, be at each other's throats;
informalspat

"the children are always arguing"

I've been calm this entire time. .-.
Do you just feel the need to argue about every little thing someone says?
That isn't how a calm person acts
Again, you volunteer for this. Just because you get "special privileges" doesn't make it a job, neither does rank. In CoD when you level up you get "special privileges" and rank but that's not a job.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter

Those were examples, and not what I based my complete suggestion on, again these are my personal viewpoints. It's awesome if we keep the discussion on the topic, because your thoughts are very intriguing, and not get worked up or attack each other's viewpoints directly.

Thresher

Recognized Member
It feels like you sign up for a job now, but this is an online community. Until we get paid it's not a job.

Thresher

Recognized Member
If you want to get all definition specific, this is the way you used the term in your context.
ar·gue
ˈärgyo͞o/

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter

Those were examples, and not what I based my complete suggestion on, again these are my personal viewpoints. It's awesome if we keep the discussion on the topic, because your thoughts are very intriguing, and not get worked up or attack each other's viewpoints directly.

Your right it's not an argument. Your just fucking spamming those links every time someone does something. Your pretty much just talking to yourself now.

And consider this a warning to stop fighting or arguing whatever, or I will close this thread.

Edit- iPad is hard to use
And how did I just double post?

Can we get a mobile version of this?
iPad is weird.

Last edited:

Ibram

Recognized Member
It feels like you sign up for a job now
Exactly what I was trying to explain. Couldn't of summarized it better.

Let me build on this with my own definition of a job and/or criteria for something to be called a job:

If you it is officially sought out for with an intent of doing a general or specific job, with the person(s) wanting such position agreeing to a policy and/or some sort of task, then it's a job. Payment or other sorts of compensation only make it a more mainstream outlook. If you are expected to do something with your new found opportunity/privilege/rank by other members of a social community, then it's a job.

A little extra would be, as said before, payment and/or some sort of compensation for your fulfillment of your general task.

2) If your task has it that you are allowed a new found position of power/authority/responsibility then it's a job, not the other way around as you suggested @ShadowOfEclipse . I can elaborate on that thought if you care.

Astra

Recognized Member