TF2 Some Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painis Cupcake

A year hiatus and I'm back. Much more mature than my previous self. I would call myself Elucidate cause that's what I call myself on steam now but I can't seem to change the username. A couple ideas to improve Freak Fortress 2:

1. Rework of Hale's Stun Duration.
I've thought of this once. One frustrating fact of the Hale's rage is that you seem to be hundreds of hammer units away and you get stunned for the full 7 seconds. I'm unsure if what I'm thinking has already been put into practice but here it is. Rework stun so it has a falloff and increase the hale's stun for those up close to the hale and greatly reduce stun for those far away from the hale but still within the stun radius. For example, have Saxton Hale do 10 seconds of stun for those up close to him, then have the stun gradually reduced for players stationed more hammer units away from the hale, like in this case at the end of Saxton Hale's stun radius (I'm not sure what the radius is but I guess its around 150 hu) get only 2 seconds of stun. The ferocious roar from Saxton Hale during his rage has its effectiveness reduced at a distance! (If it were more realistic). Yes this would most likely make backstabs and market gardens far more risky as they virtually guarantee a rage, but the effective nerf to pinning down players at farther distances away from the hale makes this worth the change, assuming this does not already occur.

2. Hales are no longer stunned by taunt kills.
In VSH rat's office there is an exploit where players with the Huntsman or the Ubersaw can use their taunt kill to indefinitely stun the hale while in a corridor. I fell victim to this and I bet others have. It's stupid and this exploit should not exist. Either make the hales immune to stun or make it so that players cannot taunt while stunned by the hale. Both of these would fix this exploit.

Ivy

Recognized Member
I dont really have anything to add here because I agree with most of this, but I can tell you that if you want to change your name you can DM @Nazuki and ask him to do so. Thank you, and welcome back!

Wickednick

Recognized Member
2. Hales are no longer stunned by taunt kills.
In VSH rat's office there is an exploit where players with the Huntsman or the Ubersaw can use their taunt kill to indefinitely stun the hale while in a corridor. I fell victim to this and I bet others have. It's stupid and this exploit should not exist. Either make the hales immune to stun or make it so that players cannot taunt while stunned by the hale. Both of these would fix this exploit.

No! This is the most fun part of ff2 by far, do not remove my child

Fluquor

basically hitlerchan
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Stun is perfectly fine the way it is right now. If you want realistic, Saxton Hale will die 10 seconds into the round and not a single other boss would be able to super jump and or survive bullets. Coding for your suggested rage is difficult, and not worth the time. You are thinking too far into your own situation & red and not the boss's. Being backstabbed by a spy and having a pyro run in from maximum stun range to air-blast you away isn't really the greatest feeling is it?

Fun fact - ubersaw can not "infinitely" stun someone. In fact, no taunts can provided the boss or target is not in a corner or crouching. Using any movement taunt will allow the boss to escape, and even if they don't own the taunt, the shop exists.
And excuse my use of language here, but how the fuck is it an exploit? Exploiting is abusing a bugged or unintended part of the game as an advantage over other players such as getting out of the map or the previous Jungle Inferno infinite health heavy exploit. It's part of the base game and has existed for years, the only reason why you find it an "exploit" is because in base tf2, it kills any class as it does 500 damage instantly. Your lack of knowledge of the ubersaw's taunt duration proves even more that you don't know what you're talking about. Please reconsider what you've offered. There is nothing of value or reason here aside from that you either have died to it or do not know how to counter it. Either this one year hiatus caused you to forget almost everything about the game, or you happened to join for one round and lost to it and can't find reason as to why you could possibly lose.
I'm done beating this dead horse, but let me quote something from inside almost every FF2 player's mind who makes a post to change something: "I died to this, nerf it."

Wickednick

Recognized Member
Stun is perfectly fine the way it is right now. If you want realistic, Saxton Hale will die 10 seconds into the round and not a single other boss would be able to super jump and or survive bullets. Coding for your suggested rage is difficult, and not worth the time. You are thinking too far into your own situation & red and not the boss's. Being backstabbed by a spy and having a pyro run in from maximum stun range to air-blast you away isn't really the greatest feeling is it?

Fun fact - ubersaw can not "infinitely" stun someone. In fact, no taunts can provided the boss or target is not in a corner or crouching. Using any movement taunt will allow the boss to escape, and even if they don't own the taunt, the shop exists.
And excuse my use of language here, but how the fuck is it an exploit? Exploiting is abusing a bugged or unintended part of the game as an advantage over other players such as getting out of the map or the previous Jungle Inferno infinite health heavy exploit. It's part of the base game and has existed for years, the only reason why you find it an "exploit" is because in base tf2, it kills any class as it does 500 damage instantly. Your lack of knowledge of the ubersaw's taunt duration proves even more that you don't know what you're talking about. Please reconsider what you've offered. There is nothing of value or reason here aside from that you either have died to it or do not know how to counter it. Either this one year hiatus caused you to forget almost everything about the game, or you happened to join for one round and lost to it and can't find reason as to why you could possibly lose.
I'm done beating this dead horse, but let me quote something from inside almost every FF2 player's mind who makes a post to change something: "I died to this, nerf it."
Grr man critiques my livelihood must berate

Though his ideas are retarded

Dr Cheech

The ranged stun is necessary for hale because other than that and super jump, that's literally his arsenal.

Merpy pretty much summarized the issue with getting taunt trapped. Even if you don't know about the store, 99% of the time someone will knock you out of it. And you have to learn from your mistakes, i.e. don't get so easily baited by huntsman snipers. For reference, conga is the go to taunt to get out of that.

Pyrelancer

Recognized Member
I'm not interested in the discussion surrounding taunt kills, but a few players on the server recently chatted about stun fall-off and I thought it was a neat idea. However, it would have to be carefully implemented (if ever), because the hales' ability to stun players is one of the core mechanics of FF2.

Rework stun so it has a falloff and increase the hale's stun for those up close to the hale and greatly reduce stun for those far away from the hale but still within the stun radius. For example, have Saxton Hale do 10 seconds of stun for those up close to him, then have the stun gradually reduced for players stationed more hammer units away from the hale, like in this case at the end of Saxton Hale's stun radius (I'm not sure what the radius is but I guess its around 150 hu) get only 2 seconds of stun.
I don't think the system should introduce longer stun times or a form of ramp-up. A few of the current hales can already stun you for ~6 seconds, which is long enough. Any more than that and players will become frustrated with being unable to use their weapons (and by extension play the game).

Only a few of the hales have large stun ranges. The rest have a hard time catching up to their targets before others can intervene. For this reason, fall-off could make some of them very weak. If it were added, I think it'd be better to adjust their stun ranges accordingly instead of their stun durations.

Painis Cupcake

Thanks for the feedback guys and I appreciate your point of views, even though some of your feedback is very non-constructive in manner and attacks me in general, and in my opinion attacking others for their ideas is not an indication of how superior you are.
Though his ideas are retarded
Any reasoning or evidence to back up this claim? Or are you so far up your butt that you cannot think of anything to say but "His ideas are retarded"? As I'm studying for a science major I am a big fan of evidence and reasoning.

I am going to have to speak to someone for me to change my name to Elucidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.