there should be a restriction for the base jumper

dipper_43

so you might think oh its just a parachute what bad could it do? well there are tons of games made easy by it and many glitches happen because of it. also the game deathfall is just super easy if you have it because you can just float down and dodge everything. back to glitches in the supermario map the climb game when you get to a certain part you can just float to the end and skip half of the game. also on any game where you will have to strafe you can just pull out the parachute and fly to the other side

please think about what i said and do something about it

Loki

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Climb glitch counts as cheating and can be kosable. And for deathfall it does make it really easy but you are substituting it for something better the conch

Per[I]sh

Doesn't that count as restricting "weapons"? I'm pretty sure that the warden can not restrict weapons, but a rule can be added to specifically restrict the Base Jumper or it should just be disabled, or in my opinion it should be just like it is right now, doesn't cause many problems and I rarely see people use the Base Jumper, but the best option is the Base Jumper restrict rule being added.

Loki

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
Doesn't that count as restricting "weapons"? I'm pretty sure that the warden can not restrict weapons, but a rule can be added to specifically restrict the Base Jumper or it should just be disabled, or in my opinion it should be just like it is right now, doesn't cause many problems and I rarely see people use the Base Jumper, but the best option is the Base Jumper restrict rule being added.
They can restrict weapon “abilities”, things like an atomizers triple jump, disciplinary actions speed boost, and then the base jumper parachute. Wardens can’t retrict class abilities like scouts double jump though

Talkyfan

let the base jumper be its to good to be removed and the only game it really fucks over is death fall and thats about it and for the climb on that mario map you dont need the base jumper at all do skip half of it and strafing doesnt need the base jumper to go very fast and it helps very little

TSAthirtyOW

Recognized Member
Nice post dipper
shitpost (sorry i had to)

Anyway, coming from someone who hasnt played Tf2 in 2 years, I think the base jumper is fine, most new players use it because they don't know what the hell it does, it being used in JB on these minigames and it making it easier for that player doesnt mean it should be banned. The base-jumper is restricted to demo and solider and no one uses it on demo because it replaces the grenade launcher or a better varient of it. That player is just using what tools he has to complete a minigame, every other class does this with whatever loadout they have.
Edit: In conclusion i can see where @dipper_43 is coming from but it just doesnt make sense to remove or restrict someone because it helps someone complete something