Thoughts for After Dark.

Versity

Recognized Member
Had any amazing/revolutionary/trippyasfuckthoughts? I certainly have. Share, if you wish.

This includes conspiracy theories, if you wish.

ash

ychan
TF2 Admin
Been feeling super existential lately.

Actually, nix that, my whole existence is a self-realizing paradox.

But on that thought: you can only fear death while you're alive. Once you're dead, it no longer matters.

Versity

Recognized Member
Been feeling super existential lately.

Actually, nix that, my whole existence is a self-realizing paradox.

But on that thought: you can only fear death while you're alive. Once you're dead, it no longer matters.
That's pretty deep. Death was always a topic which scared me, but for a while I couldn't care less about it. It's another part of the process, where we're allowed to spend memories on this planet before we waste away. It's a beautiful cycle, but it always ends. As long as you've been happy, and you've enjoyed your life, then death can't be too bad for you.

Baron

Recognized Member
What constitutes something as evil and what constitutes something as good?

What makes something/someone the purest embodiment of evil and what makes something/someone the purest embodiment of good?

Nothing and no one is evil nor good, it's only a matter of perspective. Something is good or horrible when the individuals themselves believes it to be good or horrible.

Recognized Member
Uh hem. Imagine a single point ok? Almost as if a dot in the universe and nothing more. This is the 1st dimension. A single point. Now imagine a line on a piece of paper ok. This line as two points, point A and point B. These to points connecting to each other create the 2nd dimension. Lets imagine bigger now. In the 2nd dimension only length and width are possible. In the 3rd dimension length, width, and height are possible. Imagine the 3rd dimension as a single point ok. Now imagine two points in the 3rd dimension lets say to locations where you are and were. Point A represents your home and Point B represents the park you just walked to. Now what if we connect the two points from the 3rd to each other. Creating the 4th dimension. Which can also be thought as a line. But many people consider the 4th dimension as "time". However time is a man-made concept to simplify the 4th dimension to an easier understanding.
Thank you for reading all of this if you did. It just something I thought of a lot. There are 10 dimensions by the way and the 10th holds any and all possibilities. Which could also be represents as a single point but we'll talk about that later.

Cat

Recognized Member
Uh hem. Imagine a single point ok? Almost as if a dot in the universe and nothing more. This is the 1st dimension. A single point. Now imagine a line on a piece of paper ok. This line as two points, point A and point B. These to points connecting to each other create the 2nd dimension. Lets imagine bigger now. In the 2nd dimension only length and width are possible. In the 3rd dimension length, width, and height are possible. Imagine the 3rd dimension as a single point ok. Now imagine two points in the 3rd dimension lets say to locations where you are and were. Point A represents your home and Point B represents the park you just walked to. Now what if we connect the two points from the 3rd to each other. Creating the 4th dimension. Which can also be thought as a line. But many people consider the 4th dimension as "time". However time is a man-made concept to simplify the 4th dimension to an easier understanding.
Thank you for reading all of this if you did. It just something I thought of a lot. There are 10 dimensions by the way and the 10th holds any and all possibilities. Which could also be represents as a single point but we'll talk about that later.
I don't believe time is man made. The concept of minutes, seconds, years, decades, etc. are man made. But time itself, no.

What constitutes something as evil and what constitutes something as good?

What makes something/someone the purest embodiment of evil and what makes something/someone the purest embodiment of good?

Nothing and no one is evil nor good, it's only a matter of perspective. Something is good or horrible when the individuals themselves believes it to be good or horrible.
You just said two things that went against each other. You stated nothing and no one is good or evil, but then stated it is only a matter of perspective. Well then if it's a matter of perspective, than everyone will have their own idea of what constitutes good and evil. With that being said, there must be good and evil. It all just depends on the individual you ask. Good and evil do exist. They just exist differently for everyone.

That's pretty deep. Death was always a topic which scared me, but for a while I couldn't care less about it. It's another part of the process, where we're allowed to spend memories on this planet before we waste away. It's a beautiful cycle, but it always ends. As long as you've been happy, and you've enjoyed your life, then death can't be too bad for you.
What you say is very positive and I'm not disagreeing with it. But what I will say is this: People are afraid of death not because of the actual sense of dying. They are afraid they will leave this world with nothing to offer. Or they are afraid that when they die, they won't be remembered. I believe humans are afraid of being insignificant and some are yet to embrace that yes, they will be insignificant. I, myself am not afraid of death though. It is something I don't bother myself with because it's inevitable. When it happens, it happens. Just make the most of your life. Take risks and chances.

To everyone I quoted, don't take this post too seriously. I just wanted to share my thoughts since this thread is about them.

Reactions: ash

Baron

Recognized Member
You just said two things that went against each other. You stated nothing and no one is good or evil, but then stated it is only a matter of perspective. Well then if it's a matter of perspective, than everyone will have their own idea of what constitutes good and evil. With that being said, there must be good and evil. It all just depends on the individual you ask. Good and evil do exist. They just exist differently for everyone.
Let me rephrase what I said:
Nothing and no one is TRULY evil or good.

As in, nothing is automatically and fully evil or not, unless everybody consider it as one or the other.

Which is never going to happen.

Take the end of wars, for example. One side sees that good has conquered evil while the other side sees that good has been conquered by evil. If everyone on both sides sees the end the same way as each other, then, yeah, we would have pure good and or pure evil.

However, until the day that literally everybody agrees on how to view a particular thing, which is never going to happen, we're only left with our own personal perceptions on things/events/actions/people.

I apologize that I didn't clarify my stance on it, caffeine crashes does amazing things.

ash

ychan
TF2 Admin

Common misconception. Typically the 4 dimensions, as discussed in science, are referring to the first 3 spatial dimensions, which are X Y and Z, while the 4th is a dimension of time. From my understanding, which I warn may be slightly outdated since I first learned about all this, is there are upwards of 9 spatial dimensions and 4 time. This is just conjecture and (non-tested) theory, we aren't sure how many dimensions there are in total.

Cat

Recognized Member

As in, nothing is automatically and fully evil or not, unless everybody consider it as one or the other.

Take the end of wars, for example. One side sees that good has conquered evil while the other side sees that good has been conquered by evil. If everyone on both sides sees the end the same way as each other, then, yeah, we would have pure good and or pure evil.

However, until the day that literally everybody agrees on how to view a particular thing, which is never going to happen, we're only left with our own personal perceptions on things/events/actions/people.

I apologize that I didn't clarify my stance on it, caffeine crashes does amazing things.
Okay okay that's true. The way you word it now clarifies it more.

Recognized Member
I don't believe time is man made. The concept of minutes, seconds, years, decades, etc. are man made. But time itself, no.
However time is a man-made concept to simplify the 4th dimension to an easier understanding.
How to not be able to read; cat edition
"Time is a mental construct used to make sense of movement." -Google

Last edited:

Pgapepper

You're never seeing, hearing, thinking, smelling, or feeling in the present, because these senses are useless until interpreted by our brains. Because it takes roughly 0.15 seconds for the stimuli to travel to our brains, we are never reacting to anything in the present. We're thinking in the past while our body is anchored in the present.

Deathstroke2312

Recognized Member

Good and evil are human constructs based on other human constructs of morality, which is then made up of other concepts of what Good and Bad, what is morale and evil. Basically a paradox, as as good and evil are created on the concepts of morality, which is based on the constructs on a definition of good and evil. So human choice decides these things, which ultimately don't exist naturaly. So is there really good and evil if it is based on human decision as a whole over time? Slavery was believed to be morale as well as eugenics, but the concept of morality changed to disprove these. Is there really good and evil, if anything can be classified as either and changed freely over time?

ash

ychan
TF2 Admin
Here's another one. It's less a "thought after dark" and more a morbid reality about the U.S.:

Imagine you murdered someone and buried their remains. You turn yourself in, are tried by a jury of your peers, and are found guilty. Your punishment? Life in prison without parole.

Now, imagine you're that same person, doing the same murder, but this time in the state of Texas. Nothing else has changed except the state law that allows capital punishment. Now, when you're tried by a jury of your peers, you are found guilty and put to death by lethal injection.

Same crime. Same person. Same everything. Just different location.