Time and Place

Kris18

Recognized Member
There's a time and place to use csay, and some of our mods don't seem to quite grasp it. I've heard of and seen these cases first hand. Take it easy, I'm not going off on a rage tangent; I'm just explaining things.

You don't use it to hold a normal conversation, make jokes, or just say simple things like "lol". Using profanity can also be a problem depending on severity and should generally be avoided.

Csay should be (almost) exclusively used for enforcing rules, since it's a power inherent to being a mod or admin, someone who enforces rules and maintains peace; you're acting as someone in power while you use csay. This also should go for other admin/mod powers such as slaying, kicking, no-clip, etc. They should be used in the context of where required to enforce rules or acting as admin/mod, not a toy. Some fun with your powers here and there is fine, but you're not an admin so you could no-clip and god-mode at will. =P

Please keep csay messages relevant, not to hold a conversation that should be said normally. Same goes with other powers; keep their use relevant. Just your friendly reminder. Keep up the good work, guys.

DragonShock

Recognized Member
I admit I abususe csay and I do try to limit it only to rule related things, however sometimes It to quickly and noticeably plead cases against freekill and such.

Practical Problems

Recognized Member
Good thread. Today I had to mention it many times on Jailbreak