Trade_Plaza_SG - DESIGN IT YOURSELF

EmNudge

allowed the sun back into the spy room
Hello! I'm EmNudge and I work on the map for our trade server, along with @Swift who makes some beautiful concept art.
At first, the map was just some slight modifications here and there and I wanted to make it subtle, but at this point...screw it. Let's make it one step better! We're gonna try redesigning the main area of the map to be both prettier and better for battle.

First off, this is what swift has designed the area to look like, at least in concept form:
10357aafd8cdbd178d848cb5095a4dea.png

Now, we turn to the community! We want to see what you'd like the area to be like - what you want to be added, redesigned, kept, etc.

Y'know what, here's a template! You go ahead and MS Paint you little hearts out:
b10a15150cbd99f0a4063b6d694141ca.png

Now, the map gets put in a test version before we ship it to the actual server. If you'd like to see the potential next version of the map, as it stands, you can head on over to
"THE TESTING SERVER" at the ip of 216.6.235.12:27015
1e2a22e2fe8f8a1576e016aacd72644a.png

coming soon: an MGE room, with yuki's help (hopefully).

UrielVentris

Recognized Member
My Idea Its not much, but I like the possibility of environmental deaths and moving parts

Attachments

• b10a15150cbd99f0a4063b6d694141ca.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 181

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Put a huge hole in the middle and let people hook other people into it.

And why does it require my help to make an MGE room? I don't do a whole lot of mapping.

Lady_Kyuuna

Recognized Member
I'll take a look when I can.

EDIT: Might be on the coding side that they'll need your help, Yuki. I don't know.

Swift

Recognized Member
May I just add, Alot of any of the concepts both me and EmNudge make MIGHT and Most probably will change, Ill be watching this thread to see what designs and or ideas people come up with, and ill make a new concept based on what people want. Any kind of ideas are greatly appreciated by both of us and will help with the creation of this updated version.

Swift

Recognized Member

And why does it require my help to make an MGE room? I don't do a whole lot of mapping.
This has already been tried, There was an exploit that allowed certain classes to wallride across the edges of the hole and jump back out, we scrapped this because of that.

Buns

Recognized Member
All my experience with source mapping culminates into this very moment right here

SF5QXni.jpg

One Up

Recognized Member
I'd be happy to test out the map and made edits to the map based off of what you guys find appealing, need any help? @EmNudge @Swift ?

And I'll mark up some designs soon for you guys.

EmNudge

allowed the sun back into the spy room

I know you don't map. As @Lady_Kyuuna so kindly pointed out, it's with plugins.

The MGE room works similarly to how MGE mod works on other servers, but it's purely with map mechanics. The one thing mapping can't do (among many others) is tell whether a player has died or disconnected from the server.
I'll need a small plugin for some other bugs regarding MGE, but that'll be later.

Swift

Recognized Member
I'd be happy to test out the map and made edits to the map based off of what you guys find appealing, need any help? @EmNudge @Swift ?

And I'll mark up some designs soon for you guys.
216.6.235.12:27015 should be the ip for the new map, Nudge does a few public tests here and there so be on the lookout for that.

One Up

Recognized Member
216.6.235.12:27015 should be the ip for the new map, Nudge does a few public tests here and there so be on the lookout for that.
Alright, cool.

Quick question,
Mock-Up Design For Trade.png

Is the opening at the bottom of the picture supposed to be the Teleport Room?

One Up

Recognized Member
Hello! I'm EmNudge and I work on the map for our trade server, along with @Swift who makes some beautiful concept art.
At first, the map was just some slight modifications here and there and I wanted to make it subtle, but at this point...screw it. Let's make it one step better! We're gonna try redesigning the main area of the map to be both prettier and better for battle.

First off, this is what swift has designed the area to look like, at least in concept form:
10357aafd8cdbd178d848cb5095a4dea.png

Now, we turn to the community! We want to see what you'd like the area to be like - what you want to be added, redesigned, kept, etc.

Y'know what, here's a template! You go ahead and MS Paint you little hearts out:

Now, the map gets put in a test version before we ship it to the actual server. If you'd like to see the potential next version of the map, as it stands, you can head on over to
"THE TESTING SERVER" at the ip of 216.6.235.12:27015
1e2a22e2fe8f8a1576e016aacd72644a.png

coming soon: an MGE room, with yuki's help (hopefully).

Here's my version of the map, give some feedback if things need to be change or if you don't like a concept.
Mock-Up Design For Trade - Idea #1.png

I've also went into @EmNudge 's Test Server.

Attachments

• emnudgetestserverversion1.dem
    4.9 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Lady_Kyuuna

Recognized Member
Example: take @Dr. Insanity and make a room with bright colors and no crits.