Votes: 0 0.0%
  • murder

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Yuki

Administrator
Staff member
TF2 Admin
I'm shying away from TTT because it requires a lot of Mod attention similar to Jailbreak (although many addons does help).
Same for DarkRP. The gamemode is too complicated for first timers into the game of GMod.

SandBox is possibility, and may become a 'permanent' server. Something along the line of 16 slots and fairly loose restrictions. I'll also need to consider server load. GMod is known to consume more resources than a TF2 server.

A small murder server might work as it doesn't require too much admin attention.

Billy

Recognized Member
DarkRP is a must. The Hobo rebellion must RISE!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sent from my Dragon using Spam Breath

Mangolango

I would like a sandbox mode, but it may get lame after a while. TTT requires a ton of mod attention, and I don't know what the other gamemodes listed are.

Manks

Recognized Member
I own my own community; so I know how the gmod communities work.

1. TTT
If you want TTT you need to customize the shit out of it.
Custom addons, fun staff, and fun maps.
This also like the rest of them, requires lua knowledge

2. Sandbox is something that doesn't really pull in donations, or people.
It's fun to have, but not really that great as a community.

3. DarkRP
Lots of work, and a VERY slow build. Once you're top lel in the darkrp you will start rolling in the people and the moneys.

4. Cinema
I can't be to sure about this, I've never seen Gmod communities last that long with cinema being their only gmod servers.

Murder
Add pinion to this, and it practically runs on it's own haha.
But this also gets alot of people, just not ones that stay long.

Barzola

Recognized Member
My friend owns a TTT server and he normally has at least one mod on with the limit set to 16 people. He also has a lot of addons on it that just relate to anime and crap. It's fun but yeah. It can be quite a bit of work.

ForceOfPain

Recognized Member
Not gonna lie , ive played gmod alot in the past i think instead having a debate , just create a prop hunt and zombie survival and murderer and hide and seek. Those 4 need to be a server for sure and TTT and Dark rp also but leave those till later on becasue there more mod instense and harder to control.

Side note : If you make a zombie survival spec talk to me its all i played for in gmod for 500 hours on my alt account. Prop hunt is self explanitory and murderer is when you have someone hidden in your friends that has a knife and one with a gun and the rest are bystanders. Hide and seek is really fun , its 1 person seeks(red) and all others hide(blue) , Its really fun (you need big maps for this game mode).

Side side note: If cinema is what i think it is , it is NOT at all worth makign a server on becasue its a waste of time and boring. It be cool for future though.

Manks

Recognized Member
Not gonna lie , ive played gmod alot in the past i think instead having a debate , just create a prop hunt and zombie survival and murderer and hide and seek. Those 4 need to be a server for sure and TTT and Dark rp also but leave those till later on becasue there more mod instense and harder to control.

Side note : If you make a zombie survival spec talk to me its all i played for in gmod for 500 hours on my alt account. Prop hunt is self explanitory and murderer is when you have someone hidden in your friends that has a knife and one with a gun and the rest are bystanders. Hide and seek is really fun , its 1 person seeks(red) and all others hide(blue) , Its really fun (you need big maps for this game mode).

Playing a gamemode has nothing to do with knowing how the servers work.

Also I don't think SG would buy 4 servers for gamemodes that don't get a high playbase.

Astral

Recognized Member
I'm shying away from TTT because it requires a lot of Mod attention similar to Jailbreak (although many addons does help).
Same for DarkRP. The gamemode is too complicated for first timers into the game of GMod.

SandBox is possibility, and may become a 'permanent' server. Something along the line of 16 slots and fairly loose restrictions. I'll also need to consider server load. GMod is known to consume more resources than a TF2 server.

A small murder server might work as it doesn't require too much admin attention.

or for those who dont play darkRP

Manks

Recognized Member

Considering that you already have more then 5 servers for tf2 (And considering you are gonna be expanding)
Wouldn't it be viable. to expand on another source game aswell?
For instance, you can start off with having a G5 type of staff, primarily for garry's mod servers.
Having staff primarily for gmod means you can have servers that require administration.
TTT, DarkRP, Jailbreak, ect.

LeFrench

Recognized Member

I agree with a lot you said, don't get me wrong here, but I just don't think that sandbox will really bring in many people. Now I do however think we should go from Sandbox, to murder and then maybe to TTT, Rome wasn't built in a day.