You have the ability to stop time once for 10 minutes. How do you make the best use of your time?

Ivy

Recognized Member
I recently read "That Hell-Bound Train" by Robert Bloch. The short story is about a hobo named Martin who's considering quitting his life of crime, when a large, unmarked, train pulls up to him. The conductor offers him anything he wants, in exchange for Martin "Riding that Hell-Bound Train" when he dies. The guy asks for the ability to stop time, and he plans to use at the happiest time of his life. Unfortunately, Martin can't choose which moment is his happiest, and never stops time. In the end, he dies, never having stopped time, and boards the train. On the train, he ends up liking the sinful look of the passengers, and chooses to stop time then and there. The train never reaches it's destination, and Martin, now the "brakeman", finally finds his happiness. It's a great story, and if you're interested you should read it fully, or read the better worded summary on Wikipedia.

But that said, I'm curious - If you had this ability, with a restriction on it, and could stop time for 10 minutes, what would you do with in that time? How would you make the most of it? Would you do the same thing?

Last edited:

clemarchy

that's a tough question. i would ideally save it to use in a situation where i or someone else is in danger. or, i'd use it for greedy purposes and steal a good amount of money, but not from random people off the street. maybe i could do both at the same time.

Fluquor

basically hitlerchan
Staff member
TF2 Admin
Probably waste it at the end of an exam to give myself more time

TSAthirtyOW

Recognized Member
Use it to track down and apologize to everyone I've done wrong to

holdmybeer

Recognized Member
TF2 Admin
I would go to a huuge basketball game with like the best players, like LeBron or something? Just start the stop watch and untie everyones shoes. It'd so fun to watch everything go down >: )

Tash

Welp time to bring out my star platinum the world !

With 10 minutes I’d probably steal a cat

tec

go in public, undress people and see what their reaction is when they're naked in front of people

-Klub-

Steal someones car keys and then put the car keys in a sewer drain. ahaahha their reaction would be priceless.